Court Avenue/River Parkway
- Pendleton Development Commission Meeting - April 15, 2008 at 6:00 p.m
The public is invited to attend the Pendleton Development Commission (PDC) meeting on April 15, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. in City Hall Council Chambers. The Commission will discuss the Pendleton Court Avenue/River Parkway Enhancements Project. The consultant design team and city staff will present design recommendations generated at the three-day design workshop held March 18-20, 2008.
The project Technical Advisory Committee will meet immediately prior to the PDC meeting from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Administrative Conference Room at City Hall (2nd Floor).
The City of Pendleton has been exploring ways to upgrade the downtown riverfront area and capitalize on opportunities for economic development, public use, and social and recreational activities. The City and the Round-Up Association have secured a $250,000 ODOT Transportation Enhancement grant to be applied towards sidewalk, lighting, and landscaping enhancements along SW Court Avenue from SW 10th Street to the Westgate/Court/Dorion intersection. The project will significantly enhance this riverfront area of downtown.
- Link the community to the Umatilla River, enhance Court Avenue and Riverfront "streetscape"
- Create a safe pedestrian environment
- Create a vibrant atmosphere
- Create a sense of arrival to the Downtown
Technical Advisory Committee
- Roger Bisnett, Riverfront Improvements Committee
- Dan Ceniga, Pendleton Development Commission
- John Chess, Riverfront Improvements Committee
- Cheryl Doyle, PDC Facade Committee
- Eugene Hallman, Riverfront Improvements Committee
- Mary Hallman, Riverfront Improvements Committee
- Jennifer Hawkins, 2010 Round-Up Committee & Riverfront Improvements Committee
- Marjorie Iburg, Pendleton Development Commission
- Richard and Jeannie Prowse, Neighborhood
Design Workshop: March, 18, 19, and 20
PUBLIC OPEN HOUSES
Community members were encouraged to participate:
- March 19, 2008 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- March 20, 2008 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Community members were invited to observe:
- March 18, 2008 - 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Agenda)
(site tour, arrive by 8:30 a.m.)
- March 19, 2008 - 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Agenda)
All meetings were held at the Roy Raley Room (3-R) at the southwest corner of the Round-Up grounds.
More information about the event is coming soon!
- Court Avenue and River Parkway Enhancements
- River Parkway Access/Pocket Park
- Court Avenue-Parkway Connection/Pocket Park-Riparian Emphasis
- Court Avenue-Parkway Connection/Pocket Park-Urban Emphasis
- Court Avenue Streetscape Section - Condition "A"
- Court Avenue Streetscape Section - Condition "B"
- Parkway Perspective
- Parkway Overlook Structure Diagram
- Fence Options
- Westgate/Dorion/Court Intersection Gateway
- Westgate/Dorion/Court Intersection Gateway Options
- Byers Avenue Plaza and River Access - Aerial Perspective
- Byers Avenue Plaza and River Access - Plan
- Byers Avenue Plaza and River Access
- Byers Avenue Plaza and River Access - Option 1 (Floodwall Intact)
- Byers Avenue Plaza and River Access - Option 2a (Floodwall Breeched)
- Byers Avenue Plaza and River Access - Option 2b (Floodwall Panels)
- Byers Avenue Plaza and River Access - Section
The City of Pendleton Design Commission will be the ultimate decision-making body. The City’s Public Works Department is managing the process with guidance from a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) convened specifically for this project. A multi-disciplinary consulting team led by GreenWorks, P.C. is assisting the city.
The consultant team consists of the following firms:
Bob Patterson, P.E., Director of Public Works
City of Pendleton
Public Works Department
500 SW Dorion Avenue
Pendleton, Oregon 97801-2090
Phone: (541) 966-0241
Fax: (541) 966-0251