COC is keeping busy! We have several new projects that we would like to share with you if you haven’t already heard.
- Public Involvement and Writing, Editing & Document Management as part of an Environmental Support Services Roster for the Bonneville Power Administration
- Economic Opportunities Analysis for the Salem-Keizer Region
- Safe Routes to School Workshop for the City of Madras and the Oregon Department of Transportation TGM Program
- Strategic Plan Research for Portland + Oregon Sustainability Institute (P+OSI)
- Grant Writing Support for the Oregon Department of Transportation
- Presentation Skills Training for the Oregon Recreation and Park Association
- Community Coach for Highlands Neighborhood Association
- Public Involvement for City of Corvallis Wastewater Reuse Plan
- Economic Landscape Strategic Advice and Document Production for Clackamas County
, Public Involvement
Elaine Cogan and Daniel Christensen, in collaboration with Steven Ames Planning, are designing and managing a community visioning process for the City of Keizer, Oregon. Among the community outreach activities was a recent youth forum at McNary High School. Thirty students, representing a diversity of interests, engaged in frank and open dialogue. Their insights and aspirations will be considered during community-wide visioning sessions. The City’s local newspaper, the Keizertimes, ran a cover story following the event. You can read the article, “Having their Say: Students Speak their Mind on Keizer’s Future,” online at Keizertimes website.
Photo credit: Jason Cox for Keizertimes