On Thursday, February 20, COC’s Bob Wise as Director of Team Oregon, LLC and Tim Smith, Team Oregon’s partner at SERA Architects presented their ideas to a high level delegation from Qatar for the 2022 World Cup. The delegation included the US Ambassador to Qatar, Susan L. Ziadeh and the Secretary General of the Qatar Supreme Committee of Delegates for the 2022 World Cup, Hassan Al-Thawadi.
The presentation summary is Qatar and Doha – The World Cup 2022. Bob and Tim advocated advanced sustainability principles for the World Cup to support legacy of sustainable urbanism in Doha, Qatar.
, Team Oregon
Following is the write-up on Bob Wise’s sustainability efforts in Taiwan taken from the Oregonian‘s Web site. Enjoy!
Planner to present Portland’s green policies in Taiwan
by Dylan Rivera, The Oregonian
Thursday June 04, 2009, 10:37 AM
A leader of Portland planning firm Cogan Owens Cogan is traveling to a national conference in Taiwan to present the latest Oregon and Portland-area sustainability efforts.
Bob Wise, senior project manager for the firm, is helping draft the Taipei 2050 EcoCity Vision, a long-range planning document for Taiwan’s largest city. He’s been asked to make a presentation about Oregon sustainability efforts to the Taiwan National Council for Sustainable Development’s annual conference.
“We’ve worked in Taiwan off and on for 10 years,” Wise said. “They’re always interested in what Portland and Oregon are doing.”
The sustainable development conference includes business leaders and cabinet-level members of Taiwan’s federal government. Wise said he plans to explain how Portland became the No.1 city in the nation for sustainability in rankings by SustainLane. He also will discuss the Living Building Challenge, which is a new green building standard, and the eco-district concept, which would have buildings share water and energy infrastructure to achieve greater efficiencies.
Wise was chairman of the Portland/Multnomah County Sustainable Development Commission when green building policies and climate change plans were developed.
Cogan Owens Cogan’s Taiwan work is performed through Team Oregon, a joint venture with SERA Architects and Century West Engineering of Portland.
– Dylan Rivera; email@example.com
, Green Building
, Team Oregon
CHINA BUSINESS NETWORK PRESENTS:
“Sustainable Development Business Opportunities in China”
January 14, 2009
by Bob Wise, Team Oregon, LLC
This program is sponsored by:
PSU Master of International Management
ABOUT THE PRESENTATION:
This presentation will address major challenges facing China, China resource consumption tends, how China is addressing sustainable development, examples of successful projects, future opportunities for business development in China based on Oregon’s strengths, and lessons learned from past experience.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Bob Wise is Senior Project Manager with Cogan Owens Cogan, LLC and Director of Team Oregon, LLC, private firms focused on urban planning and sustainable development in its multiple dimensions. He works in state and local public policy, strategic planning, and sustainable development. A few examples include:
- Serving as Chair and Co-Chair of the Sustainable Development Commission for Portland and Multnomah County guiding the process of early adoption and evolution of sustainable development it Portland and Multnomah County.
- Produced a comprehensive review and summary of models for sustainable development used in North America and Europe.
- Developed green building and sustainable industry cluster strategy studies for the State of Oregon, City of Portland, and Clackamas County, Oregon.
- Advised and lectured the China-U.S. Center for Sustainable Development in Portland, Oregon training government professional from the People’s Republic of China in the fields of land use planning, green development, and sustainable development.
- Developed a Sustainable Development Action Plan for the Taiwan Council for Economic Development to guide agencies, local governments, business, academic, and non-governmental agencies in Taiwan. Now developing the Eco-City Vision for Taipei City.
- Teamed with SOM Asia for a vision and urban development plan for the Hangzhou segment of the Grand Canal.
- Advised the City of Taipei, Taiwan on the concept of an Eco-City and “green” library buildings.
WHEN: Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2009, 12:00-1:30 PM
WHERE: House of Louie Restaurant, in Chinatown (331 NW Davis St., Portland, OR 97209)
COST: Lunch & Talk: $20 members; $30 general; $15 for students with ID. Please add $5 handling charge to above for registration after 5pm Jan. 13, 2009
REGISTER: Register & Pay On-line, or Call 503-973-5451
PARKING: SmartPark on NW Davis, between NW Naito Parkway and NW 1st Ave.
, Portland State University
, Team Oregon
The Taipei City Government awarded the Taipei EcoCity Vision project to Team Oregon and its partners: Origin International and Chinese Culture University.
Team Oregon is led by Bob Wise at Cogan Owens Cogan, LLC and Tim Smith at SERA Architects.
The project will employ the Natural Step system conditions and Civic Ecology approaches for the visioning process. The team will provide the City with the vision context necessary for making decisions about capital investment, economic revitalization, business growth, neighborhood improvements, and mobilize the region to achieve the common good.
Well done, Team Oregon!
, Team Oregon