Planning is the dynamic and transformative process by which we determine how our communities will grow and change in the future. Planning begins with community members coming together to voice their collective goals and aspirations followed by developing policies and implementation strategies.
At Cogan Owens Greene, we create and sustain great communities that are economically vibrant, socially equitable and environmentally resilient. We have provided leadership in every stage of Oregon’s journey to national recognition in planning and sustainability. We work with communities of all sizes throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond, approaching each project with a keen sense of local needs and conditions. We have a unique ability to integrate our land use planning skills with our award-winning community engagement capabilities.
The current and long-range land use planning services COG provides for rural and urban communities include:
- Comprehensive planning
- Specific area and neighborhood planning
- Concept and master planning
- Urban growth management
- Buildable lands inventories and needs assessments
- Economic development strategies
- Public facilities planning
- Infill and redevelopment strategies
- Zoning ordinances and code amendments
- Intergovernmental and urban service agreements
- Development permitting applications
COG’s planners are members of the American Planning Association and its Oregon Chapter as well as the American Institute of Certified Planners. Recently, our work on the City of Astoria’s Riverfront Vision Plan received an award for Local Government Planning by the State Department of Land Conservation and Development’s Coastal Management Program.