Sustainability is a positive vision of the future to preserve local, national and international resources for future generations. The ideal goal is to achieve multiple benefits to the economy, environment and community livability - also known as the “Triple Bottom Line.” With this goal in mind, COC brings a sustainability perspective to each project by considering:
- How will this impact the environment, economy and community livability?
- How can we minimize negative affects and maximize positive outcomes?
- What are the opportunities for multiple benefits?
- How can this process be as inclusive as possible?
COC has been at the forefront of nearly every stage of Oregon’s journey to national recognition in planning and development and is taking the lead today helping communities in the US and overseas adopt the most appropriate sustainability practices. Robert Wise, Associate Principal, is a recognized leader in sustainable policy and economic development. He was first Chair of the Multnomah County Sustainable Development Commission and is Director of Team Oregon's global projects in sustainable planning, design and development.
COC provides a broad range of services tailored to each client’s needs and objectives. We plan, organize and manage:
- Sustainability action plans, policies and implementation strategies
- Sustainability audits and plan review
- Customized processes that launch sustainability initiatives
- Economic strategies to define and encourage sustainable industries
- Environmental, watershed and river basin studies and impact assessments
- Innovative funding strategies
- Public, private, nonprofit and academic partnerships
- Related public engagement, outreach and communications strategies
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Sustainable Metropolitan Foodshed
- Clackamas County Agri-tourism Master Plan
- Senate Bill 1059 Greenhouse Gas Reduction Coordination
- Oregon Global Warming Commission's Roadmap to 2020 Public Review
- Metro Sustainablity Planning Assistance
- Langfang Eco-City Master Plan
- City of Palm Springs, California Sustainability Master Plan
- City of Portland Peak Oil Implementation Plan
- Corvallis Sustainability Coalition Sustainability Action Plan
- Hangzhou, China Grand Canal Whole Being Master Plan
- Multnomah County Sustainable Development Report
- Oregon Governor's Alternative Fuels Vehicle Infrastructure Working Group Facilitation
- Shanghai, China Eco-Industrial Park Research
- Taipei, Taiwan Eco-City Urban Development Vision
- Taipei, Taiwan Sustainable Development Action Plan
- Vision Action Network of Washington County Sustainability Plan